October 23, 2018 at 1:36 pm #11827
Welcome to the Comedy Film Nerds message boards!
October 23, 2018 at 1:43 pm #11838
- How did you hear about Comedy Film Nerds?
- What is your favorite Comedy Film Nerds episode?
- What is your favorite Comedy Film Nerds Spoiler episode?
- Who is your favorite Comedy Film Nerds guest?
- What is your favorite Comedy Film Nerds merchandise?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Who is your favorite director?
- Who is your favorite actor?
- Did Han shoot first?
- Are you a Patreon member?
My name is… Charlene 🙂
1. I stumbled on CFN when Graham was on Doug Loves Movies. Batman nerd who loves movies? Ok.
2. My favorite… is probably Jackie Kashian and one of the Marvel movies where she brings her entire comic collection and goes into gross detail about every possible easter egg. I think it was Avenger’s?
3. Spoiler ep would have to be Transformers, because someone besides me should be forced to watch that movie. (My partner is an avid fan and we see all of them in theatres. Yeah, even the Wahlberg ones.)
4. I like the horror fest guy because I’m not normally a fan.
6. Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind. The Warriors of the Wind does not count! Fight me!
7. Miyazaki, but for live action film would probably be something predictable like Hitchcock.
8. Tom Hardy right now. Going to see Venom, despite C&G’s warnings.
9. YES HE DID. HE CLEARLY DID.
10. Yep! Gotta get my spoiler eps!November 9, 2018 at 5:39 pm #11883
Hey the boards are back! I was glad to hear that in one of the recent-ish podcasts, I’ve not been able to catch all of the podcasts anymore, but am trying to work it back into my rotation.
1. Jeez, I think it was also Doug Loves Movies, 6-7ish years ago? Either that or one of the million other comedy podcasts I used to have on rotation, Graham or both Graham and Chris were guests if I remember correctly.
2. Dating myself big time, but I have two I love: the first one is the episode where they tell the whole wild story of Chris’ movie Asylum(2014) and what happened with that: https://comedyfilmnerds.libsyn.com/ep-219-dean-haglund
The second is the one really early where Graham had to do an accent for the whole thing as the result of a bet or donations made in the cause.
3. Can’t think of one in particular but like Charlene, I often use the spoilers to hear about a movie I have no intention of seeing. For me that’s been a lot of the superhero ones.
4. Dean Haglund! He also did one of my favorite episodes I mentioned above, about the making of Asylum.
5. My signed copy of Comedy Film Nerds Guide to Movies.
6. Tough to choose but if I have to do one, Taxi Driver.
7. Probably Darren Aronofsky, right now at least, although I haven’t seen his latest one Mother.
8. Ohhh Tom Hardy, I’m going to steal your answer. I just watched this movie on Netflix with him called Locke that was just him driving in a car for the whole thing and it was damn riveting.
9. Han shot first.
10. Not yet, sadly.February 7, 2019 at 2:04 pm #12063
I’ll have to check out Locke.
Hardy has a show on FX called Taboo. It doesn’t make much sense, but if you like Tom Hardy acting mysterious and brooding, it’ll work for you.
Have you seen Legend, where he plays twin brothers? I heard that his acting was pretty good, even though the movie was just okay.March 20, 2019 at 10:25 am #12417
I love Locke! Tom Hardy can do just about anything.
And I love Taboo! I feel like they make a relatively dry subject (who cares about who has a shipping route to China via the Pacific Northwest?) pretty dark and interesting.
I have not seen Legend. But Venom was just…weird. Is it a comedy? Maybe? Sort of? I mean, I laughed at parts.
…Oh, hi! 🙂
~ NeilApril 3, 2019 at 3:48 pm #12431
Nice to have a competent opinion on Locke; no one else I know has bothered to check it out. 😉 I’ll definitely put that on my watch list.
I’m waiting patiently for season 2 of Taboo, knowing that BBC shows tend to be laissez faire about releasing their next series’. (Brits refer to seasons as series. Don’t ask me why.) Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate it especially with shows like Luther that are very strong character and plot wise.April 5, 2019 at 5:17 pm #12480
Neil! That’s awesome you stopped by the Boreds.
I skipped Venom, so many mixed reports.
I shall have to check out Taboo! I’m pretty sure they use “series” because of the distinguished way it sounds with that accent 🙂 You know, “ALLO GUVNAH, HAVE YOU SEEN THE LATEST SEE-RIES???”
…I’ll just be over here.April 26, 2019 at 3:48 pm #12514
Lol, do you know Dave Anthony? because you do a spot on impression >.>
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.