Ep 229 with Aaron Brungardt!

ROBIN WILLIAMS FILM CAREER DISCUSSED* Chris and Graham welcome nerd intern Aaron Brungardt into the gargoyle garage. All three talk about their favorite Robin Williams films.

Shriekfest 2014

Well, here we are suddenly into October and the gory magic that is the Halloween season! The Walking Dead season premier has aired and it paid off beautifully with an action-packed, zombie gore-filled episode. And opening October, was another wonderful Shriekfest Horror/SciFi Film Festival and Screenplay Competition. Nothing like a whole weekend of Horror movies to…

Details

A Walk Among The Tombstones Review

I know what you’re saying, “Oh, look, Liam Neeson in another Taken, just with a different title.” Well, not so, good readers and movie fans. A Walk Among The Tombstones is a mystery crime drama based on a book of the same name by Lawrence Block. In fact, turns out there are many novels in…

Details

The Fault In Our Stars review

Stories like this are why I love movies. This film is everything that is good about filmmaking. The Fault in Our Stars is about two teenagers who meet in a cancer support group and fall in love. Based on the book, and adapted beautifully, Fault gives a real and human view about people dealing with…

Details

Frank Review

A movie about an eccentric experimental/pop band whose leader is a guy that wears a big goofy plastic head ALL the time? And the trailers were pretty funny. Frank looked promising indeed. And with a cast like Michael Fassbender, Domhall Gleason and Maggie Gyllenhall, and Scoot McNairy, what could go wrong? Not a Hell of a…

Details

Sin City: A Dame To Kill For

It took long enough – about nine years – but finally Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez take us back to the pulp, noir, hard-boiled realm of Sin City. It’s a cool place to visit, but as it turns out, it’s not a place I want to live, and it seems the general movie-going audience feels…

Details

As Above, So Below Review

My advice to young filmmakers after seeing this horror outing: Please turn on your image stabilization feature on your lens before you shoot your first person POV flick. I am all for ,in-your-face gore and scares, but not at the cost of making me and my date NAUSEOUS. I must beg that you make your…

Details

Calvary Review

A good-natured priest in an Irish town, Father James, played by the consistently wonderful Brendon Gleason, sits quietly while a voice in the confessional states that he will shoot and kill him on Sunday next. Father James will pay for another priests’ abuse because the perpetrator has long since died. And so begins Father James’ search…

Details

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Review

The strangest thing about this film is that it wasn’t the suckiest movie I’ve ever seen. In fact, it really fell right in the middle of “just Ok”. And that is significantly better than any of us thought it would have any right to be. I’m pretty sure we’re all thinking it was saved by…

Details